The winners of the grant contest for small and medium business «Green Steps» received grants for the development of corporate environmental initiatives. The total grant fund amounted to 1,035,812 rubles.
Five projects on the greening of small businesses in the Irkutsk region and the Republic of Buryatia were recognized as the best in three nominations:
- Nomination «Environmental innovation in business»:
1. The project «Minus CO2» to reduce the carbon footprint of the company, charity shop «Tuesday», Irkutsk.
The amount of the grant aimed at the implementation of the project is 263,400 rubles.
- Nomination «Green corporate Culture»:
2. The project «Let’s save nature together» on the introduction of a system of recycled containers for food delivery, restaurant «Voyage», Ulan-Ude.
The amount of the grant aimed at the implementation of the project is 143,100 rubles.
3. The project «Saving yourself – teach others!» is an eco-educational annual program for employees and clients, Baikal Plaza Hotel, Ulan-Ude.
The amount of the grant aimed at the implementation of the project is 142,212 rubles.
- Nomination «Sustainable settlements»:
4. Social project «Thread»: a project to expand the infrastructure for receiving unnecessary clothes and things, Ulan-Ude.
The amount of the grant aimed at the implementation of the project is 335,000 rubles.
5. The project for the construction of the ecological trail «Spring of youth», Recreation Center «Orange House», Ulan-Ude.
The amount of the grant aimed at the implementation of the project is 152 100 rubles.
The purpose of the «Green Steps» contest is to contribute to the dissemination of sustainable environmental practices and the introduction of green technologies among small and medium-sized businesses in the Baikal region, as well as to the implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals in the Irkutsk Region and the Republic of Buryatia. The project is being implemented with the support of Asian Pacific Bank.