The parties formalized cooperation in development of ecotourism.
6 June, 2019 Agency for Strategic Initiatives represented but deputy CEO Olga Zakharova and Lake Baikal Foundation for Environmental Applications and Research represented by CEO Anastasia Tsvetkova, recognizing the necessity of concerted actions and efforts on development of ecological tourism in the regions of the Russian Federation aimed at creating conditions for sustainable development of the natural areas, signed a cooperation agreement on the sidelines of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum.
The parties concerted on partnership for the following issues:
- expertise of the upcoming tourist projects in the protected natural areas, especially in the national parks of the Russian Federation;
- creation of programs, resource materials, recommendations contributing to development of ecological tourism for administration of national parks, protected areas personnel, tourist guides, tourist agencies, tourists;
- sharing practices on environmental monitoring of the water bodies and protected areas, which can be scaled in the regions of the Russian Federation and abroad;
- organization and joint participation in research and training conferences, business fora, seminars;
- collaboration with public organizations and expert community.
Lake Baikal Foundation is a member of field-specific task forces of ASI. In the framework of the signed agreement the results of the Foundation’s project «Trash Free National Parks» will become the first and foremost practice to share for development of sustainable tourism in the natural protected areas.