From October 25 to 26, 2017 the All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference on the Implementation of Scientific Development was held in Moscow. The main purpose of the conference is to promote intellectual products and technological projects of young scientists in various spheres of our life.
The Lake Baikal Foundation CEO Anastasia Tsvetkova spoke at the conference as a moderator of the section «Innovation in the service of ecology – a look into the future. Achievements of the young». The main topics of discussion were approaches to addressing the issues of environmental safety in the Russian Federation, the introduction of new programs and environmental innovations in scientific and educational institutions in the field of ecology, as well as scientific and technical developments of scientists in the field of nature conservation and environmental management.
As a result of the event, the Lake Baikal Foundation worked out its proposals for the conference resolution. The Foundation’s proposals are related to the implementation of specific measures to support young scientists by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. Among the recommendations there are the following points:
- Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation should create a single platform unifying sources of funding for research and development of young scientists (news of the RSF, RFFR, Skolkovo, ASI, private donors and other organizations) in order to provide a single window for informing young scientists from all RF subjects about the possibilities of obtaining financial and other support;
- To promote the dissemination of scientists success stories who have achieved significant results through a new platform or through available resources aimed at stimulating research activities of young scientists;
- To provide quick feedback on the issues of young scientists, starting from the legal advice on the registration of patents to maintenance at all stages of commercialization of the developments;
- To take measures to strengthen the connection between science and business: to conduct regular presentations of young scientists’ projects to the leaders of scientific areas of large business, to create a request for research from the big business and deliver it to students and employees of scientific research institutions of all subjects of the Russian Federation;
- To provide young scientists with the opportunity of free courses to improve the English language (because of the average low level of English, the possibility of publishing and citing in rating international journals is reduced);
- At the second and third stages of development, to consider the possibility of involving young scientists in the project team in fundraising, public relations and marketing in order to strengthen the introduction of the technology into the practice. Scientists should have an image of where to look for such specialists and at what stage they should be addressed;
- To provide customs benefits: at the moment, Russian young scientists are difficult to compete with international counterparts in view of long customs expectations (up to six months).
This is the second conference, organized by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. This year more than 500 people from 27 regions of the Russian Federation, as well as representatives from Austria, Armenia, Great Britain, Germany, China, Sweden and Belarus have visited the conference.