On October 28-30, 2020, the third international conference «Sustainable tourism: global challenges and Russian perspective» will be held at the Rosa Khutor mountain resort. The conference is a platform for holding fruitful discussions between prominent Russian and international experts, environmentalists, businessmen, researchers, public officials and grassroots activists.
As part of the program of the first day of the conference, a discussion session on the theme «Sustainable Development of Lake Baikal Natural Territory As a World Class Sustainable Tourism Destination» will be hold. The discussion will be moderated by Anastasia Tsvetkova, CEO of Lake Baikal Foundation.
Participants of the discussion:
- Natalia Voloshchenko, Director, Corporate Customer Sales Department, Bank Sberbank (Baikal division)
- Anastasia Yegorova, Founder, Baikal school of new opportunities «Generation of geniuses»
- Artem Mishchenko, Managing Partner, National Environmental Operator
- Lyudmila Poplavskaya, Head of the Project Office of the Federal project «Conservation of biological diversity and development of ecological tourism», Ministry of natural resources of Russia
- Umar Ramazanov, Director, Federal State Budgetary Institution «Zapovednoe Pribaikalye»
Participants of the event will discuss specific cases of the Pribaikalsky National Park, namely the cluster approach to the development of the territory and existing investment projects. Separately, the speakers prepared proposals for the regulator, which will be made public. In turn, representatives of the Financial Institute will share the specifics of financing projects in protected areas and support measures that are currently being discussed in the paradigm of socially responsible investment.
The conference will be held in a hybrid format, with a high-quality and interactive online broadcast of the discussion taking place on the stage. Everyone will be able to join the discussion and ask a question to the speakers or make a comment via video link.
To participate in the discussion, you should register on the platform http://www.eco-russia2020.ru. The full conference program is also available on the website.