On April 22, applications for the first the All-Russian journalist grant contest: «Baikal: Conservation Instructions» were received. Lake Baikal Foundation sums up the results of the bid campaign.
In total, 40 applications were received for participation in the Contest.
The most popular direction among the contestants was the nomination «The management of the Baikal natural area» — within its framework, the Expert council will consider 18 applications. In the category «Treatment facilities in the Baikal natural area» 9 works will be assessed. In the category «Scientific research and applications in the Baikal natural area» — 13 materials.
The applications will be assessed by eminent experts in the field of science and journalism under the chairmanship of National Geographic editor-in-chief Andrey Palamarchuk:
- Alexander Ginzburg, Chief Researcher at the Obukhov Institute of Atmospheric Physics of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Director General of the Development and Environment Foundation;
- Angelina Davydova, Director of Environmental Information Bureau;
- Sergey Ivashko, Press Secretary of the Faculty of Chemistry of Lomonosov Moscow State University;
- Zorigto Namsaraev, Acting Head of the Synthetic Biology Laboratory of the Kurchatov Genomic Center, National Research Center Kurchatov Institute;
- Natalia Paramonova, Executive Director of Ecocup Film Festival;
- Alexey Sivukhin, Chairman of the Council of Young Scientists of Ivanovo State University, Senior Lecturer of the Department of Biology, Secretary of the Scientific and Technical Council of Ivanovo State University;
- Maxim Timofeyev, Director of the Research Institute of Biology, Irkutsk State University;
- Ilya Ferapontov, Editor-in-Chief at N+1;
- Yana Khlyustova, Deputy Editor-in-Chief at the information and service portal Indicator.Ru;
- Georgiy Shakhgildyan, Head of the Scientific Communications Department, member of the Council of Young Scientists of D. Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology of Russia.
The Expert council will announce the winners of the Contest on May 20, after which they will be able to start working on their materials.
We thank all the journalists for their interest in the topic of preserving Lake Baikal! We wish all the contestants good luck and we wish the Expert council success in determining the winners!
The organizer of the Competition is Lake Baikal Foundation. BAIKALSEA Company operates as the Competition general partner. The media partner of the Competition is the Association of Communication in the Sphere of Education and Science (AKSON), which ensures the transparence and provides the content support of the event.