Lake Baikal Foundation is pleased to announce the winners «Green Steps» grant environmental contest for small and medium-sized businesses in the Baikal region, organized with the support of Asian Pacific Bank.
- Nomination «Environmental innovation in business»:
1. The project «Minus CO2» to reduce the carbon footprint of the company, charity shop «Tuesday», Irkutsk.
Nomination «Green corporate Culture»:
2. The project «Let’s save nature together» on the introduction of a system of recycled containers for food delivery, restaurant «Geser», Ulan-Ude.
3. The project «Saving yourself – teach others!» is an eco-educational annual program for employees and clients, Baikal Plaza Hotel, Ulan-Ude.
Nomination «Sustainable settlements»:
4. Social project «Thread»: a project to expand the infrastructure for receiving unnecessary clothes and things, Ulan-Ude.
5. The project for the construction of the ecological trail «Spring of youth», Recreation Center «Orange House», Ulan-Ude.
‘We have successfully conducted the first stage of the project — a competitive selection — and announced the best environmental projects of entrepreneurs in the Baikal region, according to an independent expert jury. For us, this is an important step towards the realization of the mission of the contest, which is to identify responsible and environmentally conscious leaders of small and medium-sized businesses on Lake Baikal through the support of their initiatives in the field of greenin” companies. The next step may be to find solutions for stakeholders on impact investments in the Baikal region. Congratulations to the winners and we are looking forward to the start of eco-projects!’, said Anastasia Tsvetkova, CEO of the Foundation.
‘The Irkutsk Region and the Republic of Buryatia are regions of the ATB presence, and we are trying to contribute to the conservation of ecosystems of the Baikal region. We are happy to support the greening of local businesses. This is an important part of our corporate responsibility to the regions in which we are actively working.
We are grateful to the Baikal Lakes Foundation for fruitful cooperation and organization of the competition, which allowed us to identify enterprising entrepreneurs interested in preserving the environment. We wish the winners successful implementation of projects!’, said Alexey Korovin, Chairman of the ATB Management Board.
The total grant fund of the competition amounted to 1,035,812 rubles: it will be distributed among the winners in accordance with the amounts of support requested in the applications.
In total, the organizers of the competition received 32 applications from the Irkutsk region and the Republic of Buryatia. The selection and evaluation were carried out by an independent expert jury. The content, implementation plan and sustainability of each of them were evaluated by up to five experts. The winners were determined using a rating table, taking into account the ratings and meaningful comments of the jury.
We congratulate the companies on their victory and wish them success on the path of sustainable environmental development.