The Expert Council of the «Baikal Initiative» competition began its work on the evaluation of submitted applications. According to the rules of the competition, the Expert Council will determine the three finalists of the first stage by September 15, 2017. At the second stage potential grantees, who proved the relevance of their projects at the first stage, will have to provide 20% of the co-financing of the application.
The Expert Council of the contest included:
- Grachev Mikhail, chief Researcher, Limnological Institute of the SB RAS;
- Mikhaleva Maria, head of PR, Editorial and Publishing Group of the Russian Science Foundation, PhD in Sociological Sciences;
- Proskuryakova Liliana, senior Research Fellow at the Higher School of Economics;
- Simonov Eugene, coordinator of the international project «Rivers without Borders»;
- Solomina Olga, director of the RAS Institute of Geography;
- Surkova Anna, CEO of the information portal Irk.ru;
- Sutula Vasily, director of the Baikal State Reserve;
- Timofeyev Maxim , director of the Institute of Biology at Irkutsk State University, official representative of the Foundation on the Baikal natural territory.
10 applications were submitted to the Lake Baikal Foundation. We wish fruitful work to the Expert Council and good luck to the applicants! The results will be announced on October 25, 2017.