The Lake Baikal Foundation is pleased to presentthe Expert Council of the grant competition «Baikal initiative» 2019-2020 for young scientists. The work of the Expert Council includes the evaluation of applications for the grant competition according to a certain methodology in order to identify the most innovative technological, applied and research projects aimed at the protection of lake Baikal.
According to the rules of the competition, until September 1, 2019, the Expert Council will determine the three finalists of the first stage in three categories. At the second stage, potential grantees, who have proved the relevance and scientific importance of their projects, will have to provide 20% of co-financing from the budget.
The Expert Council of the competition «Baikal initiative» 2019-2020 includes:
- Maxim Timofeyev, Director of the Research Institute of Biology of Irkutsk State University;
- Olga Solomina, Director of the Institute of Geography of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS);
- Liliana Proskuryakova, senior researcher at Higher School of Economics (HSE);
- Victor Plyusnin, scientific Director of the V.B. Sochava Institute of Geography SB RAS;
- Anastasia Likhacheva, Director Of the Center for Integrated European and International Studies and the Faculty of world Economics and politics of Higher School of Economics (HSE);
- Darima Makarova, Dean of the Faculty of biology, geography and land management of Baikal State University (BSU);
- Vasily Sutula, Director of the «Baikal state nature reserve»;
- Igor Kalmykov, Director of the «Altai state reserve»;
- Natalia Danilina, Director of the Ecocenter «Reserves»;
- Dmitry Glazov, leading engineer of the Institute of ecology and evolution named after A. N. Severtsov of RAS, Deputy Chairman of the Council on marine mammals, Deputy head of the «Belukha – White whale program».
The bid campaign will run from March 22 to July 31, 2019. Detailed information about the application for the grant competition 2019 can be found on the link on the website of the Lake Baikal Foundation.
The work of the Expert Council will last from August 1 to September 1, 2019. In early September, the Foundation will announce the finalists!